India‘s head coach Ravi Shastri, bowling Bharath Arun, and fielding coach R Sridhar have completed their 10-day isolation period in London after they had tested positive for covid-19 earlier in the month.
Ravi Shastri was the first member of the Indian contingent to return a positive test followed by the other two coaches. India missed their services during the fourth Test at The Oval which they won taking a 2-1 lead. All three were quarantined for a mandatory 10-day period.
Now they have returned negative tests and are out of isolation, however, they would require a ‘fit to fly’ certificate to be allowed to board the plane to return back to India.
“Shastri, Arun and Sridhar are all doing well physically having recovered from COVID-19. They are out of isolation,” a senior BCCI official told PTI.
“However, as per health protocols they need to have a CT score of 38 plus which will ensure a fit to fly certificate for them. We expect them to fly out in next two days if all goes well with CT score,” the source added.
The CT (CT scan) score tells about the presence of viral load in a COVID-19 affected person and how much his lungs have been infected. A higher CT score indicates recovery and it is believed that to take long flights, one needs to have a CT score of 40.
BCCI offers ECB to play two T20Is or a rescheduled Test
BCCI secretary Jay Shah confirmed that the board has made an offer to the ECB to play either two T20Is or a rescheduled one-off Test when India tour England next year for compensating the “cancelled” Manchester Test. However, he also made it clear that Team India would not concede the fifth Test as forfeited.
Following a covid-19 outbreak in the Indian camp – assistant physio Yogesh Parmar tested positive for the virus a couple of days ahead of the Manchester Test – the Indian players refused to take the field at Old Trafford and the game, for now, is deemed “cancelled”.
“It is correct that we have offered to play two extra T20Is when we visit England next July (only for the white-ball games). Instead of three T20Is, we will play five T20Is. Alternately, we will be willing to play one-off Test as well. It is up to them to choose either of the offers,” Jay Shah told Cricbuzz on Monday (September 13).
India will travel to England next year for 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is in July. The BCCI is ready to play additional games, but would not take a loss. A forfeiture would also mean that the series, which until now is 2-1, will be levelled at 2-2.